8/12--New Job Posting!
Company: IKAWA, Ltd.
Description: IKAWA Sales Executive
Los Angeles, California
We are looking for a high performing sales executive to join our growing team at our satellite office in Los Angeles to help manage increasing growth in sales and industry demand for the IKAWA Sample Roaster for Professionals.
We require an enthusiastic, confident, and personable individual to make key contributions to our increasing sales effort and to the achievement of the company’s ambitious targets for growth in the US.
You will be responsible for presenting and selling our product to a variety of professionals in the coffee industry, including roasteries large and small, coffee traders, education centers, and consultants. This will involve actively prospecting, managing, and engaging with a dedicated sales pipeline of interested potential customers, with opportunities for national and international travel.
You will need to be able to effectively demonstrate and clearly articulate the benefits of our products, with the aim of building relationships with key decision makers to drive sales. You will be seen as an Ambassador of both our products and our company, and as such will be involved with a wide variety of tasks and projects; including account management, marketing, customer service, operations, and other areas across the business as required.
You will be a critical member of our small talented sales team in a role that covers a wide variety of sales and marketing activity, with opportunities to develop and take on increased responsibility through excellence in your performance.
The position is suitable for a candidate with successful experience in sales, or an individual with the necessary key skills and attitude looking for an opportunity to demonstrate that they are a top performer.
The outputs of your work will cover the following areas, supported by members of our Sales and Marketing team:
New Sales Process
● Actively prospecting and generating leads
● Responding and following up on inbound enquiries
● Managing and administrating a pipeline of 200+ active prospective customers
● Persuasively bringing the product to life over email and phone
● Live demonstrations over conference calls
● In-Person demonstrations and visits
● Participating in and contributing to key trade exhibitions throughout the year
● Demonstrating and selling the product at key exhibitions and events
● Contributing to ongoing short and long-term projects and initiatives
● Designing, planning and executing short and long-term improvement initiatives
● New user on-boarding and engagement
● Helping users through service and repair needs
● Supporting US repair operations
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
At least 1 year of directly relevant experience.
Ideal candidate is already aware of IKAWA and will have knowledge of specialty coffee sector, having worked in the industry in some capacity, or a deep personal interest.
● Appropriate sales experience (B2B preferred) with ability to reach sales targets and build customer relationships.
● Proven skills in persuasively demonstrating products or services in person (for example, at industry events) and over the phone.
● Clarity in verbal and written communications.
● Good understanding of sales and marketing principles.
● Experience in negotiating.
● Ability to manage information effectively to support purposeful action and communications.
● Confident, enthusiastic, and persistent personality.
● Demonstrate being results oriented, creative, and resourceful.
● Proactive, bright, ambitious, insightful, curious and thoughtful.
● Worked in the coffee industry and sufficiently understands our customers and the specialty coffee landscape.
● Experienced working in both sales and marketing capacities.
● Business level Spanish.
● Strategic thinker.
● Excellent project management, able to balance workload & prioritise effectively.
● Drivers license and clean driving record.
Our satellite office is located at:
IKAWA Ltd, 12655 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90066
With occasional travel to IKAWA Headquarters in London, United Kingdom.
● Full time (Monday – Friday)
● Immediate start available, but notice periods considered.
● Competitive. Based on experience.
● Commission opportunities available.
● Inclusion in the annual company bonus scheme.
● Company benefits including 22 days holiday (increasing up to 25), new Mac suite, team incentives and activities, and training opportunities (in the US and UK).
If you believe you can be a high achiever in this role, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com .
8/12--New Job Posting!
Company: Cafe Virtuoso
Description: We're thrilled to announce that we are expanding our team and currently looking for a Café Manager to run the overall operation of the café, including enforcement of policies and procedures, training and other auxiliary duties related to distribution and production operations.
Café Virtuoso is the only 100 percent certified organic speciality coffee roaster in San Diego and we pride ourselves on procuring the highest quality organic specialty coffee and tea while remaining ethically invested in full-scale sustainability and socially-responsible practices.
We're searching for an individual who would love to be part of a rapidly-growing local coffee roaster and café full of meticulous and mindful individuals with similar interests and values and to ensure our standards for quality are upheld. If you also enjoy living, breathing--and yes--probably even drinking coffee everyday as much as we do, then you'll also very likely enjoy being part of our team as well.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred.
Previous food service experience required.
Previous management experience required; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful.
Willingness to work occasional evenings, partial weekends or special events as required.
Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family.
Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees.
Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule.
Must have a clean driving record.
Candidate will be expected to pursue a SCA Barista Level 1 certificate.
Barista experience preferred but not required.
Please include cover letter with resume. firstname.lastname@example.org
8/12--New Job Posting!
Company: Copa Vida
Description: Copa Vida is looking to hire a Shift Lead at the Sorrento Valley location. A Copa Vida Shift Lead will be responsible for the operational success of the coffee bar while on shift, and cooperates with management to ensure that company policies are followed and service standards are met. The Lead understands Copa Vida’s commitment to serve its community, and assists staff in delivering a positive and engaged experience for all customers.
The Shift Lead is a highly visible ambassador for Copa Vida’s mission and values, and faithfully upholds the integrity of the company vision. An individual in this role is a flexible leader who responds to demands with professionalism, composure, and constructive support. HollyL@copa-vida.com
8/12--New Job Posting!
Company: Copa Vida
Description: Copa Vida is looking for an Area Trainer who is responsible for providing operational and training support at Copa Vida area cafes to ensure quality standards and service needs are met. The Area Trainer assists with developing training materials and recipes for the company. Additionally, the Area Trainer provides product training support to Copa Vida’s wholesale clients in the area as directed.
The Area Trainer is a highly visible ambassador for Copa Vida’s mission and values, and faithfully upholds the integrity of the company vision. An individual in this role is a flexible leader who responds to demands with professionalism, composure, and constructive support. HollyL@copa-vida.com
7/3--New Job Posting!
Company: Cafe Virtuoso
Description: 100% Certified Organic Coffee Roaster seeking a part time barista. Training program with an SCA certified trainer. Candidates will be trained and expected to adhere to SCA standards. Must be available weekends and be flexible with their hours. If you are a top performer there is room to move up in this growing company. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a driven team, are passionate about great coffee and want to excel in this field please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest.
6/19--New Job Posting!
Company: Leap Coffee
Description: Leap Coffee is looking for outgoing, energetic humans to join their staff! We are hiring positions for kitchen and baristas. We are located in the heart of Carlsbad with another location opening soon. If you have open availability and love coffee send your resume to Sarah Simonetti. firstname.lastname@example.org
6/13--New Job Posting!
Company: 1951 Coffee
Description: 1951 Coffee is looking for a dynamic, driven part-time Program Instructor & Coordinator to support the organization with our program growth in San Diego. This position will perform a multitude of job functions to facilitate the day-to-day of the program, while assisting with building 1951’s brand and relationships in the region.
Program Instructor: - Teach 4 – 5 Barista Training Program cohorts each year; Classes are held approximately every 3 months and run for one week, M – F, from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm. - Coordinate with local San Diego partners and with 1951’s Operations Coordinator to secure program supplies in a timely manner
- Lead employment efforts, including creating relationships with employment partners and maintaining on-going communication with employers; Manage on-going relationship with Starbucks recruitment in San Diego - Lead job readiness activities, including interview and resume prep, assisting with interview set ups, supporting on-boarding needs, and any other activities to assist graduates in getting jobs - Maintain relationships with class graduates through social media and café visits - Work with Director of Programs on program outcomes and budget
Starting in either the Fall of 2018 or Winter 2019, work in tandem with 1 AmeriCorps VISTA member to grow 1951’s presence throughout San Diego
Apply: Send resume and a short paragraph in your email on why you want this job. Email email@example.com by
6/11--New Job Posting!
Company: La Colombe
Description: La Colombe in UTC is looking for awesome baristas! Ideal candidate is someone with flexible availability and loves delicious coffee. Experienced candidates preferred but we can provide you with necessary training and knowledge to perform the craft of Barista with efficiency and grace. If this sounds good to you, please apply. Send resumes to Alex @ firstname.lastname@example.org
5/18--New Job Posting!
Company: Frost Me Cafe and Bakery
Description: Now Hiring Baristas and Cafe Manager!
We are a locally owned company, looking for team members who love coffee, love people, and are excited to learn and grow with us! We are proudly serving Ritual Coffee Roasters and all baristas will work one on one with Ritual staff for training. We are a food heavy cafe and all employees must be knowledgeable and hands on with food service. Must be punctual, energetic, hard working, honest, and available weekends and holidays.
Please email resume to email@example.com
General Inquiries and Job Posting:
All Members have access to post industry jobs on the Community Board. Not in the industry but have Catering, Wholesale, and Corporate Needs? We will email Member Roasters & Cafes directly, and they will contact you individually based on the contact info you provide. Members and patrons, please use the form below to submit:
Corporate Coffee Needs
ALL JOBS WILL BE POSTED BY FRIDAY EACH WEEK. Unless you notify us sooner that a job has been filled, all postings will be deleted after 30 days.