As the final SDTNT of Season One approaches, it's time to release the standings. But first, a quick recap of the three events leading up to the finale:
January: Caffe Calabria hosted Round One, where 32 baristas competed and Josh Bonner bested Calabria barista Anton Dimov with a shot glass pour.
February: Round Two took us to the warehouse at Solutions Espresso, where Cafe Virtuoso's Vanessa Lovel denied Josh back to back victories.
March: Round Three returned to North Park at Young Hickory, where for the third straight SDTNT, Josh made it to the final pour. This time, Cafe Moto's Adriana Uriostegui, who hadn't advanced in the two previous SDTNTs, took home the bragging rights.
Round Four will be held this Thursday at Bird Rock Coffee Roasters and marks the final chance for baristas to earn points to qualify for the champions bracket. Throughout the four SDTNTs, baristas have been earning points for participating, advancing and placing in the top four. The eight baristas with the most points, marking the best eight baristas of the season, will compete in the champions bracket immediately following the final pour of Round Four. At stake is a home brew kit featuring a Baratza Encore, an Espresso Parts brew station, and a brew kit donated by Empire Coffee Consulting, with prize packs for second and third.
WIthout further ado, here are the standings heading into the Bird Rock SDTNT:
1. Josh Bonner, Independent: 150 points.
2. Vanessa Lovel, Cafe Virtuoso: 85 points.
3. Adriana Uriostegui, Cafe Moto: 70 points.
4. Anton Dimov, Caffe Calabria: 55 points.
5. Two tied with 50 points: Patrick Conley, Coffee and Tea Collective; Dylan Michalek, Slayer Roolz.
7. Stephen Freese, Coffee and Tea Collective: 35 points
8: Two tied with 25 points: NickBob, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters; Jorge Serrano, Das Cortes
10. Three tied with 20 points: Lindsey Vargo, Caffe Calabria; Michelle Gomez, Zumber; and Matt Fishler, Home Barista.
13. Four tied with 15 points: Lindsey Salinas, Zumbar; Javier Lopez Encinas, Das Cortes; Louis Gabbarg, and Kasey Mag, Cafe Ipe.
17. Nine tied with 10 points: Guillermo Sanchez, Home Barista; BreAnn Leuther, Dark Horse Coffee Roasters; Max Dimitrov, Caffe Calabria; Amanda Santoni, Cafe Virtuoso; Miguel Torre, Das Cortes; Jhona Francois, Spazio Cafe; Daniel Holcomb, Coffee and Tea Collective; Hannah Bonner, Ladies and Gentlemen; and Ximena Soto, Das Cortes.
26. Seven tied with 5 points: Megatron, Lofty Coffee; Chris O'Brien, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters; Ross Villasenor, Das Cortes; Carol C., Brick and Bell Cafe; Kelsey Wickwire, Bird Rock Coffee Roasters; Jethro Sepulveda, Das Cortes; and Sydney Laboda, Brick and Bell Cafe.
If you have any questions concerning the format or having to do with the competition, please email Matt at email@example.com.
See you all Thursday!